Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File is not modifiable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin2569

Programmer
Dec 22, 2007
AU
Hello,

I created a database at home and upload to my office server. When I open it remotely, the Filemaker prompts: This action cannot be performed because this file is not modifiable.

What happen? It is working fine on my home computer. I am using Filemaker 8.5 advance pro. Anyone can help? Thanks a million.

Regards,
Kevin

Just guessing here but maybe the file inherited the attributes of the folder that it is in. Or maybe it didn't but should have. Either way, I'd take a look at the security settings on the folder and the file itself.

BTW: I'm talking about the security settings of your computer's operating system, not native Filemaker security.

Are you Windows or Mac?

-Striker

Hi TStriker

At home I am using Windows but my office computers are Mac.

: Kevin

If you did it with copy from the Windows pc, chances are the file is read only.
Check this.

I'd suggest you open the "Get Info"(Command+I) dialog for this file, under "SHARING AND PERMISSIONS" check for/add permissions for fmsadmin giving it Read & write access.
Good Luck...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back