Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File Index Backup Server 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofladung

Technical User
Mar 21, 2005
DE
Hi All,

today I noticed that there's no CFI for the backup server since we updated to 7.4.3. We have two servers with this problem. I could perform a saveset recovery, but I don't want to restore a drive completely. I checked the client but I couldn't find something. I would be happy if someone could help me. Thanks!

Regards,
Oliver

If your servers cfi was deleted try
nsrck -L7 -t mm/dd/yyyy nameof server

Try a date before your update.

Oh - I forgot to say that we replaced both backup servers too. We had no problem with the index on the old servers, and currently I don't need the old versions. The problem is that we have no index for the new servers since the update, and I have no idea why. The clients looks similar to every other client in the daily backup group.

Run "savegrp -vvv -O groupname -c servername" and evaluate the output.

I used savegrp -vvv -O "Daily Servers" -c backupserver.domain
The output is "7266:savegrp: Only one group name allowed

savegrp -vvv -O -c servername -G group" will work for sure.

Ok - it worked. Here is the result:

savegrp -vvv -O -c backupserver.domain -G "Daily Servers"
32451:savegrp: backupserver.domain:All level=incr
7236:savegrp: Group will not limit job parallelism
32494:savegrp: backupserver.domain:index started
save -s backupserver.domain -S -g "Daily Servers" -LL -f - -m backupserver.domain -V -t 1242483365 -l 9 -LL -W 78 -N index:e83c0752-00000004-48ee1a03-48ee1a02-00010000-0a20443f "D:\\Program Files\\Legato\\nsr\\index\\backupserver.domain"
savegrp:Daily Servers * backupserver.domain:index See the file D:\Program Files\Legato\nsr\tmp\sg\Daily Servers\sso.000003 for output of save command.
7341:savegrp: backupserver.domain:index succeeded.
32494:savegrp: backupserver.domain:bootstrap started
save -s backupserver.domain -S -g "Daily Servers" -LL -f - -m backupserver.domain -V -l 0 -LL -W 78 -N bootstrap -x "D:\\Program Files\\Legato\\nsr\\res" "D:\\Program Files\\Legato\\nsr\\mm"
savegrp:Daily Servers * backupserver.domain:bootstrap See the file D:\Program Files\Legato\nsr\tmp\sg\Daily Servers\sso.000004 for output of save command.
7341:savegrp: backupserver.domain:bootstrap succeeded.
7241:savegrp: nsrim run recently, skipping

Now we have one index subdirectory

Actually, the index directory should have been created when you started the server. NW will recognize, if such directory does not exist for an existing client and will recreate it automatically.

An automatic backup should work as well now.

- savegrp -v -O -l full
- scanner -B <device_name> , device_name = vol that have the latest boostrap ssid (savegrp -
- Perform "mmrecov" , "res.R" should be created after mmrecover is done
- shutdown NetWorker daemons again, delete "res" directory, move "res.R" to "res", start NetWorker daemon again
, run "nsrck -L7" to rebuild the index again
- Check all NW resources (client, storage nodes, jukebox, aftd, ftd device, etc) after and before the disaster recover, all should be the same

@605

Strange - the backup server keep the index of the last backup only - every day.

If this really happens, then you either has misconfigured the system or there is a media DB bug and NW assumes that no full exists for that client. Why don't you get help from support?

NOW I will get support ;o)! Thanks for your help. A consultant will be here next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back