Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

file I/O problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veach

Programmer
Jun 14, 2006
US
Hey everyone,

I've been trying to use the fileio Xtra for a project I'm working on, but I'm running into a problem. I'm attempting to simply get the windows "open" dialog box to open for now, but I can't even do that for some reason. The script I modified from a more in-depth script is:

on mouseUp
global myFile
set myFile = new xtra("fileio")
set fileName = displayOpen(myFile)
openFile(myFile, filename, 1)
end

I based it off of the script at:

After I wasn't able to get my script to open any dialog box, I tried simply using the script directly from that page, and that didn't work either.

Eventually I want to be able to have the user import a w3d scene to be manipulated by the user. I have the manipulation controls working already with a pre-determined w3d object and model.

Thanks for the help,
Anthony

Hey Kenneth, thanks for the reply.

I tried inserting your code into the button's script and I still have the same problem. I can't get any dialog to pop up. Any ideas what's causing this?

Thanks again,
Anthony

Yeah, I have it. I got the listing of the fileIO parameters and properties when I typed that in.

-Anthony

Type in the Message window:

fileio = new xtra("fileio")

Then hit the Return key.

Then type in:

fileio.displayOpen()

Then hit the Return key again.

Do you see the file open dialogue window pops up?

Kenneth Kawamoto

Using the message window the script worked perfectly. I then went and inserted the exact script into the on mouseUp script for the button and it still won't open the dialog box. I'm really confused as to what's causing this.

-Anthony

I just tried putting the same script to start after an exitFrame message, and that worked fine. Does that help to figure out what the problem is?

-Anthony

So I just came across the reason behind the problem with the button. The button's eventPassMode was set to #passNever instead of #passAlways. Just thought I'd share that in case someone else ran into the same situation as me in the future.

-Anthony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back