Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File Hung Up in the Spooler 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrStephen

IS-IT--Management
Jul 8, 2003
US
A few months ago, I was attempting to send as an attachment a rather large Excel workbook. For whatever reason, the transmission was unsuccessful. The problem I have now is that the message and the attachment are permanently esconced in my outbox (this is MS Outlook 2000). My e-mail still functions, but it keeps trying to send the hung message until I kill it. I can't delete the message from the outbox (because it's already spooling). I've even gone so far as to uninstall Office 2000 and reinstall the whole thing.

Any ideas on how I can kill this?

I am having the same problem. Did you ever get it fix? If so, how did you do it?

Can someone please help me with this issue. Thank you to anyone who can fix this. gottalotta

TSSTechie,
I tried this idea it didn't. I don't have an offline option. I am still at a loss for what to do. I tried killing the MAPI32 spooler, and then deleting the e-mail but that doesn't seem to work. Please keep looking for options on your end and I will to. Thanks

GottaLotta: You in a network ? Then unplug the cable - you're offline. You should now be able to remove the mail.

Ok I've tried every tip offered. There must be away to fix this. I am annoyed with Outlook 2000. Unplugging the cable from the machine did nothing but give me pst. error. But I will hash this issue out more. Any tips welcomed. Except throwing the machine away. Thanks

Try creating a rule to delete the message. Then, manually run the rule on the outbox.

I have experianced (sp) the same problem and have not found a great fix but an option you can use is to create a new set of personal folders and have your mail got there and then the program recognizes the new set of folders. It has worked so far and I think maybe once that is done you can delete the message out of the old out box and then revert to your original personal folders. Good luck.

Dr Stephen, backing up what jasonmag75 has said...I have had this problem with a number of my customers. I've spoken to microsoft about it and they recommended creating a new PST file. As it turned out this is the only action that can be done, create a backup PST file excluding the outbox and then remove the PST file, create a new PST file and import your backed up PST you just created. I have had to do this on a number of different occasions and it seems to be the only fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back