Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File formats, forms being lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

BleedingEdge

Technical User
Jul 14, 2005
US
Hey guys, quick question. This REALLY makes me mad. I just started using Approach and created a DB pretty quick, I liked using the program a lot.
Then I played with the forms and designed a really fancy form to edit in. Took me like 2 hours to design the forms, evelopes and more.
Then I tried to create a query and Approach crashed. When I went to open the DB again, all the data was there but ALL my custom work was GONE!!! AAHHH All I had was the generic Form and Worksheet.

So I was mad and redesigned it all over again for another hour or so, hitting the SAVE button every couple minutes to be certain it was good. When I finished, and hitting save still. I closed up.

Now tonight I open up Approach and open my file, ALL the custom work was gone AGAIN! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. What the heck! And where did my work go?
I can't keep spending hours designing forms that dissapear every time I open the file. Something is amiss.

So then I opened my file, moved some stuff around on the generic form it created, I saved it, closed it, and then reopened it; and it pulled back my changes then.
Why is this happening to me? How can I know for sure my work is saved? Since the save button only sometimes saves apparently.

Sorry this is long, I had to vent. I don't want to design this all over for the third time!

Thanks.

Are you launching your database from the APR file or the DBF file?
You probably already know that the APR file is the view file where all of your designs are stored, and the DBF file is the actual data.

I read a book once called '101 Things to do in Binary'.
It was the best 5 things I ever read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back