Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File Extentions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have a couple of pictures I want to open but unable to because of the file extention. Picture was saved with the file extention mix. How would I go about changing an extention for a picture file in order to open and view it?

You're kidding right?

You're running a Win2k Server and asking this question?

1) open a command window and rename the file, as in:
C:\> rename filexxx.mix filexxx.mov

2) This doesn't do any magic.... it doesn't change the format or contents of the file. So unless you know the format of the file I would expect something like this to help you.
x) If you're the gui type... right click on the file and choose "Open With" and go down to "Choose Program..."

The .mix file is a file created in Microsoft PhotoDraw. I don't think there is any other program that can open it besides PhotoDraw. Tell the person who sent it to you to save it as a .tif or a .jpg then you will be able to open it. Just converting the file name only changes the program that will open the file, it will not covert the file.

Also, I am not sure but you probally should be able to insert the .mix file into a Microsoft Word Document and be able to view it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back