Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

file error: data may have been los

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vendor
Feb 23, 2006
PL
I have a huge xls spreadsheet with almost a thousand macros, and when I open it using office 2000 in windows 2000, save it and try to open in windows XP using Office 2003, there appears : "file error: data may have been lost" and ALL BUTTONS ARE INACCESIBLE :( I know this has to do with buttons and stripping macros. I removed all unnecessary buttons and now all of them refers to macros in my spreadsheet. How to work this out? How to find faulty macros or sth else?

I am getting the same message in an Excel XP file. It happens everytime I open an Access db that is linked to the Excel file. When I open the Excel file, all the data has been moved around. Its the weirdest thing I've ever seen. The only way to prevent it from happening is open the Excel file first then open the Access db.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back