Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File Download Prompt: merchant.mvc

Status
Not open for further replies.

laurenk

Vendor
Jan 14, 2005
US
Our company currently has a contracted web designer maintaining our site, and has been very slow to fix a problem. Currently, when a customer clicks on certain links and drop-down menu options, a file download prompt for the file merchant.mvc pops up. I'm not sure if this is something involving Miva or a problem with the code itself, I would just like something to tell these people to give them a nudge in the right direction (not the first problem we've had!) The website is
Thanks,
Lauren

It looks like it's actually a server problem. If you'll notice, the only things that don't work are calls to merchant.mvc. The server doesn't appear to know what to do with a Miva script, so it's just trying to send the user the whole file.

If your designer is also the server admin, you have a problem. He/she appears to be incompetent especially if this is an ongoing problem.

Good luck,
Todd

Thanks for the help you two, looks like they finally fixed it. Unfortunately we're still stuck with this lousy contract :)

There are a half-dozen or so very capable, very smart, very experienced companies that do a superb job of hosting AND SUPPORTING Miva Merchant stores. If/when you get to that point, let me know and I'll provide a list.

--------------
art prints

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back