Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File download from servlet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verbetex

Programmer
Apr 18, 2002
GB
Does anyone know how I can make a link on my site that currently points to a servlet, work so that the servlet can return the files it finds based on the parameters passed to it so that the user can download them?

In short, I want the user to be able to click on a link, and have the save as... dialog box popup so that they can save the files.

Any ideas??

Hi Verbetex:

Do you want to save files from the server in the client machine? You say it is a list of files (1->n), so, if there are more than one, you want as many save dialogs as files to download?

Could it be an html page with a link for each file?

Please be more specific. Pedro Andrés Solorzano
Pontificia Universidad Javeriana
Bogotá, Colombia, SurAmérica.

Let me know if this post have actually helped you, by clicking the purple star.

I have got it working so that a user submits a form that has a list of files and he selects the ones he wants by checking their checkboxes.

at the moment, I can make it so that the first file is downloaded (via the ssave as dialog popping up).

What i want is for one popup for each file submitted.

I don't think it's possible and will make a work around with making a page with the links to download on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back