Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File Corruption 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdegeorge

Programmer
Mar 19, 2002
US
Hi

I was working in a report and when trying to save it Access got all hung up. I waited for about 20 minutes then got the "Not Responding" message on the window.

I closed the database using the task manager. Now, when I try to open the database, I get an error message that it's corrupt and needs to be repaired. Repairing doesn't do diddly for me.

Yes, I have a backup but nothing that includes all the work I did today, and I did a lot.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Jim DeGeorge [wavey]

What exactly did you want help with?

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Bill

Some great tips on that site, but unfortunately none of them worked. I will have to take the backup from the previous day and rebuild what I did. So painful!

However, enjoy the star and I'll save that link!

Jim DeGeorge [wavey]

Before you try that, download a copy of Jetcomp.exe from the Microsoft website. That will fix almost every corruption problem I've come across.

GDGarth

That was one of the suggestions on the web site that Bill pointed me to. Didn't work. Thanks any way!

Jim DeGeorge [wavey]

Did you try importing tables forms modules etc... from corrupt DB to a new blank one?

psarros

I was able only to import queries. When I tried to import tables, forms, modules, etc., I kept getting that darned error message.

Also tried copying and pasting...same results.

I'm pretty much through re-doing the changes that I completed yesterday. It's actually going fairly smoothly because I don't have to re-work the bugs...I'm remembering the final version changes. :)

Thanks any way!

Jim DeGeorge [wavey]

Dave

I actually started with a backed-up copy on the day I posted this and wound up re-creating all the changes.

I back up more regularly now. :)

However, I will keep this link for future reference. There were a few tips in there that I did not find on any other site. Thanks!

Jim DeGeorge [wavey]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back