Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File copy to wondows 2003 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickuk99

MIS
Mar 18, 2003
EU
Ok must be something obvious but I cant find it, If I copy a file from my windows 2003 member server to an xp workstation it takes apporx 15 seconds. If I then copy it back it takes 7 minutes.

It doesnt matter what file or size from server to xp is quick xp to server very slow. Any ideas ?

Are you in the same switch?? If you ping in dos, whats your replys like?? I had that problem..2 brand new servers...copy was soo slow..into the same swtich..but the swtich was older, so i took off auto negotiate on the nic and tried deifferent settings...actually the 10 half duplex worked the best...wouldnt think so, but i guess the switch is fairly old...try that

As deftonesman said... It sounds like a port negotiation problem with the nics on the machines and/or the hub/switch.

Andy Simpson CNE, MCSE, CCA, CCNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back