Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File conversion to Publisher97 from Publisher2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

intrepide

Technical User
Nov 25, 2002
CA
Hi there

Does anyone know how to convert a Pub2003 file to Pub97 ? I am trying to send a Pub2003 file to a friend that has Pub97 and, of course, he can't open it. The save as feature in Pub2003 only goes to Pub98. I have tried sending it as Pub98 but still, no luck. Does anyone have a suggestion ?

Many thanks !

Can you save it as an .htm or .hmtl? Will Pub97 open an html file?

Can't save it in that format. One thing I forgot to and was that it has to be editable in Pub97 once saved in that format after receiving.

Tall order, hey ?

Thanks 4 reply !

I'm using Pub2003 and can save as .htm and I don't think it's a plugin or module. BTW, if you do, save it into it's own folder as it will create support files of its own. Anyway, that .htm file can be loaded into Publisher, or at least 2003, and is editable.

Sorry if I could not reply sooner Volk359

Sent the file as .htm but when opened at other end, fonts and layout was out of whack. Best would be if I could save my Pub2003 file in Pub97 format. Any other idees ?

Thanks again !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back