Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

File Browse Pocket PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

loydwilson

IS-IT--Management
Mar 30, 2001
File browse button does not appear when accessing CF file upload forms via Pocket PC. Same forms are utilized daily by more than 500 field employees running Windows 98 and XP, the online upload forms function with no issues in this capacity. All other CF functionality seems to work well when accessed via IPAQ except for this function. Does anyone know of an Pocket IE patch or other workaround. Following is basic code:

<cfform action=&quot;uploadphoto2_rep_cffile.cfm&quot; method=&quot;post&quot; enctype=&quot;multipart/form-data&quot;>

<input name=&quot;filename1&quot; size=40 type=&quot;file&quot;>

</cfform>

I would appreciate any suggestions. I have researched MSDN, etc. with no luck.

Thx in advance.

Randy

The file upload field is not ColdFusion code, it is HTML. Therefore it is a limit of the browser being used I would guess. Did you try using a regular form and not CFFORM?

-Tek

Indication of type file is html but cfform is required to access additional required data within same form. Hoped that someone had developed or had seen an ActiveX control that could be integrated to perform same function. This is a limitation in the browser as the current Pocket IE is a port of IE 3 versus being a port of IE 4 which would support this functionality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back