Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

file attachment problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jono261970

Programmer
Jun 28, 2002
GB
Hi,

I have Exchange and Proxy both on our NT 4.0 server. I use an ISDN dial up adaptor card and RAS.

All appeared to be fine, we could send and receive emails and browse the Internet. The odd thing is that sometimes we can`t send or receive attachments.The email is delivered and received but no attachment

It has taken me 5 attempts to send an Excel file which is only 255kb in size.Nobody has any size restrictions as there are only 5 workstations.

This applies to the local Network as well, we have MSP client installed on the workstations.

I wonder, can proxy and exchange both use the line at the same time. That is can you browse the net while exchange is trying to send file attachments?

thanks in advance

john

you may need to set the "Set Miscrosoft Exchange rich text formating" to "USER" or "Always".

Thanks for the reply. Could you please tell me where this is located and is it found in exchange or outlook.

I have looked but can`t find it.

thanks

john

In Exchange Admin, on the IMS Connector in "Internet Mail" tab Advance options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back