Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Figuring out what agents are doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaith

Technical User
Apr 14, 2010
AU
Hi all,

Hopefully a nice quick question. We have 1 department of our callcenter where the company moto is let the customer hang up but we have people hanging up.

without any call accounting package is there a way to tell if one agent is hanging up or letting the call disconnect.

using the powers of google the only thing i could find is Mention of using the

eCallByCallStatYYYYMMDD.AssiociatedData (String)

The Values i have seen are
NORM,DISC SRC: ABSENT
NORM,DISC SRC: SYS

the Explianinations of these values seem to be mixed (couldnt find reference in NTP's) but some pages say sys means caller disconnected and absent is where the agent disconnects the call.
however i have found some reference to the other way round.

is this usable to dretimine who terminated the call?

What about a call recording system. This is an age old question that has been presented to just about every old tech on this board...." How can we use the PBX to manage our people?....

There are tools, but to start what ACD package are you using?

John

Try doing a trace in LD 80 of the suspected agents.

The only way to be 100% sure which side dropped is to run an AML trace from the CCMS and make sure polling messages is enable. Warning: In a busy call center, you'll get about 10meg of data every 2-3 minutes...

The AML traces will show disconnect messages sent, received and acknowledge and you see if it was user or caller.

Be prepare to look through several hundred if not thousand of pages of data for your answer.

You could take the cheap route and add a label to all the agent phones saying "All Calls are Recorded". THEN the phones manage the people"

I had an 80s flashback to Yakov Smirnoff reading this..."In Soviet Russia, phones manage you!"

Years ago, agent supervisors would monitor agent calls by selecting an agent ID and monitoring the call. They could give advise to agents on how they were doing. Now supervisors sit on their dead axx's and hire and fire agents.
"Wait for the customer to hang up"??? Say "thank you and goodbye" and hang up! Get on to the next call! More calls mean more money, or answering more questions... Remember when your best agent was taking the most calls! Wait for the....Yeah...

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back