Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FIFO Cost Layers 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

stef315

MIS
Feb 11, 2001
US
Hello,

Does AccPac keep FIFO cost layers in a table? I am converting one of our companies from AccPac to another system and would like to preserve the cost layers if possible.

I have looked around at the tables and some posts on here. I first looked at the ICCOST table but that didn't seem to have layers. I then looked at the ICHIST table and suspected I may have to create the layers from there. I read someone here suggesting something like that on a different issue someone else had. I've worked with accounting systems for 12 years or so and am familiar with the concept. I just don't welcome the idea of doing that!!

Is there a report or something that would show these layers? If I got through the history I'd almost have to start at the beginning of time...YEARS AND YEARS AGO!! I wouldn't really need to know that in 2002 they bought 100 of an item at a specific cost but subsequently sold those 100.

I guess I could back from current quantity and look at most recent receipts until I get to that quantity?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Once you use up all of the quantity in a ICCOST record it will be removed from the table.

Ahh...I didn't think ICCOST was correct because there weren't that many more records than we have items. So it basically just keeps the available layers in there?

At a quick glance I mostly only saw one record per item. I saw a few items with a second line but the Ship QTY and Cost were always 0 on that second line.

I'm going back there in a half hour so I can look again.

Ship Qty is how many you've shipped out of that 'layer'. Once you've shipped all of the quantity on that record it is removed during the next day end processing.

Thanks everyone! Got it figured out! The zeroes in ShipQty are like Djang just said because basically 0 had been used from that layer since it was still on the previous layer. It's going to be tough to reconstruct this all (we have to take out our customs charges since those will be separate in the new system). It all has to be done in one night at the end of the month for cut-off. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back