Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fields?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamille

Technical User
Oct 27, 2003
CA
In Access 2002 what is the maxium amount of fields which can be displayed by a query?
I'm trying output data through a query and it only allows me to view it through design view and won't let me run the query.
I am trying to output a queury with 324 column fields.
Thanks.

I'd venture that a record of (at least) 324 fields may be mis-designed. You may want to re-examine the table design and arrive at a more accurate and correct data definition. It will definitely make life easier as you develop the database further.

Just a thought...

Jim

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving probably isn't for you!
Another free Access forum:
More Access stuff at

Thanks Jim,
Actually I'm just trying to merge a data set which originally sits in 2 excel files because the file was too large. So this file was split horizontally in to 2 excel files. I need to merge this info back into a single file format so I was trying to conquer this in Access, but my field columns exceed maximum length.
I also tried converting the 2 excel files into .csv files and then though I can cut and paste into 1 csv file, however because the cut was made horizontally how would I paste?

That's pretty much what I'm up to.
Thanks,
Kamille.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back