Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iggy

Programmer
Apr 2, 2000
US
Can anybody help me.I have matrox 2000 RTand Im using Premiere for editing.Ive got XL1 Canon camera (DV).Sometimes I need After efects to make my video look beter(animations etc).Im using FIREWIRE conection with my record deck.So , when I want to take my video in After effects (import footage) what I have to do with INTERPRET FOOTAGE in AE?Do I have to try with Lower Fields?If so what must be in output settings, upper or lower fields?) because Ive got MATROX 2000 PAL sistem 25 fps).I have to say when I make some animations in AE without video (only graphic) I put in output Upper fields and everythig is OK.But when I must mix it with video Im not sure what I have to do with fields to make it good.(I forgot to say that I capture video in Matrox Video Tools and then edit in AE)Thanks

when you import your footage try dragging the movie file within the AE project window down into the make composition button on the bottom of the menu window, it will automatically set the composition to the inbed settings that the video file has. If that isn't what you're looking for try selecting the footage in the project window, then go to file > interpret footage > main... and a dialog box will open up telling you what field is first or dominant or what not. I'm not too familiar with pal, because I'm used to working in ntsc primarily, but it should work. good luck.

-jake

hi iggy,
if you have the after effects manual,
there is some information on p87 about this.
it does say that capturing from firewire is always
lower field first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back