Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fields too many 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrystaLv

Technical User
May 12, 2006
US
Rather odd question I have.
My Report consist of tons of fields where Legal paper size will not help.

I have 20 fields out of which 1 is page long Description.
The rest are regular size fields 4 to 40 characters.

Have anyone ever came across of non-standart Report design so you can share with me what can this design be? I am not very imaginative. Thanks alot

Depends on your intent, obviously if you want to PRINT the report, you'll need a printer that supports it, if you're just displaying the report or exporting, install the standard Windows HP Designjet 3500 CPS printer which will allow for about 100 inches in landscape mode.

As part of being "imaginative" you should describe what the output requirements are.

Also if you right click any field you can select format field->Can grow so that it will expand down the page.

-k

OK,
every field as I said about 4 to 40 characters. I can accomodate 10 on a page.
Then goes one long one Description (if i will have it Can Grow it will take up so much vertical space - it will be ugly. So I am putting it as a separate line.

Report Name

Headers Headers Headers Headers etc.
----------------------------------
Results Results Results Results etc.

Description: Hkdcnsdncjjv,sn,sdcnv,db ,dnvcd,nf,s,dcvnfdbdsf

Headers:Results Headers:Results Headers: Results etc.

Report purpose is for my internal client to be able to run it, view it and occasionally to print out and even more rare to send out. So anything goes. It has to be readable.
This is the point - readability. Thanks a lot

Right click the details and select insert section two or three times and place the additional fields in the subsequent detail sections (perhaps seperate headers for the 2nd group of ten fields) and the large field in the last detail section and make it very wide with can grow set just in case.

In any case it's going to be kinda fugly.

-k

Any designers out there:)))???????? Thanks will do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back