Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Field Weirdness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
HI all. I am running a very basic Crystal Report from a query created using crystal SQL designer. When I run the query, everything is fine. However, when I run the report, my fields are not correct. For example, I have 2 fields. One is a name field and the other is an account number. When the report is run, the name appears in the account number field with the beginning of the name chopped off. The account number is nowhere to be found. I know that there's enough space (length) for the whole name to fit on the report. Any clues? Thanks. :)

erin99: Try placing both field inside a text object with a slash or dash between them. This will enable you to see whether the account number is correctly passing up from the query David C. Monks
david.monks@chase-international.com
Accredited Seagate Enterprise Partner

I have experienced the same behavior. Try clicking Database>Verify Database. This kind of re-synchs the rteport with the query

I did the Database - Verify Database, and everything is ok now. However, I am using the Report Distribution Expert to put this on a user's machine. When I run the report from the Start - Programs, etc. menu, the data is all screwed up again. Since the user doens't have the option to Verify the Database...any other ideas? :) thanks for your help.

erin

Try exporting the report to a format that the user already has such as a word.doc you didn't mention what version you were using but you may even have the option to export as pdf file, or html, and generally everyone will have one or the other. if formatting becomes an issue then I would stick with either dhtml or pdf because these are a little more wysiwyg then some of the other options.

stinker..,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back