Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Field Value out of lookup table range -error PDOX11 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

subroman

Technical User
Apr 11, 2001
US
Attempting to update records in my master table. When I access the record,toggle to edit mode and attempt to update or add data to fields I get the above error message.

When I try to toggle back to display or exit the table the system locks up on the error. I have to use the windows end task procedure to exit Paradox.

I am unable to find any info in the books or on help screen. Does any one know what causes this?, and what the solution is?

Thanks

Greg

You have a lookup table defined on one of the fields. Whatever value is in that field has been deleted from that lookup table. When you attempt to post the record again, it is failing in validating the value in that field and returning the error.

I.E.: An open invoice file will have a vendor number, that can be setup with a lookup to the vendor table. If someone deletes the vendor record from the vendor table, when you try to modify the invoices for that vendor, you will get that error.

The fix is to isolate what field it is and either change that value or reinput that value in the master table. Is there an arrow >> button on the error window? That would tell you what field it is.

BTW: ALT+BACKSPACE will cancel the record post without going through task manager.

It sounds like you have a corrupt table, have you run tutility on the tables both the main table and the lookup table? To run tutility go to Tools -> Table Repair

Lookup tables were the problem. These were old records transferred before the lookup fields were established. Thanks HCTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back