Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Field Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itexphil

Technical User
May 2, 2003
JE
I would be interested to hear from any users that have implemented any element of the MGP field series or can recommend a 3rd party alternative for integration with Great Plains.
The company I work for is looking to replace its ageing service management software. Ideally such software should be able to:
Maintain asset lists of client hardware under contract.
Track support calls according to service level agreements and highlight calls about to breach those agreements.
Schedule staff.
Be able to action Time & Materials (billable) and Warranty Calls (unbillable)

Many thanks

Field Service would handle all of this nicely.
Does everything you request, plus there's etech which is a browswer based interface for techs.
Not cheap, but does a great job.
MG

I have a client who just went live on MSGP Field Service - They had been using a third party (non-integrated) solution previously and are very satisfied so far withtheir progress. They are in the business of selling and servicing X-ray machines for hospitals, so they deal with warranty work, service contracts, etc.

If you want, I might be able to put you in contact with them to get a first person perspective on their experiences.

Brian

Brian,

Thanks for this. Please can you advise in which country your client has implemented Field Service.

Phil

I am in the Channel Islands. MGP advise that there are perhaps only 5 sites throughout the UK that have Field Series - but they are not sure who they are! Our VAR does not wish to be accredited for Field Series so we would have to find someone in the UK. Anybody know of anybody accredited in the UK for this?

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back