Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

field is truncating if it's <LONG> 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sql99

Programmer
Nov 12, 2003
US
Hello everyone,

I have a CR in version 9 that I repointed to a different ODBC source. After proceeding to fix the report, I execute the report via the client. The field that is <LONG> (captured as "memo" type via the client) is being truncated to only the first character. For example, "test" got truncated to "t".

I verified that the data is showing when I query through the database. The field is set to 'can grow'. However when it's being run through the client, something is causing it to truncate.

Can someone please help?

Thanks,
sql99

If you are asking about data, please post your database type and the connectivity used. That's the essence of your question.

I can state that if you're using an Oracle database, try using the native connectivity or the Crystal supplied ODBC driver rather than the Oracle ODBC driver, otherwise we'll need technical information.

-k

Hi synapsevampire,

Thanks for your reply. I tried using the crystal supplied ODBC and that fixed the issue. Thanks for all your help...

sql99

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back