Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

fiber strands for extender

Status
Not open for further replies.

firefoxfire

Vendor
Apr 18, 2011
US
I'm going to be running fiber extender modules for a m I c s system. I need to let the fiber contractor know what will be required and for any additional expansion.

How many strands will be required for eCh 0x16 module?

Citel also makes IP gateways and extenders that work with Norstar. Might be a more cost effective option if there is an existing LAN or WAN between the locations.

The link Curly provided will tell you what type of fiber you need to provide bro when working w/ fiber module extenders.

Customer supplies multi-mode long fiber (Corn -
ing Cable Systems, formerly SIECOR, #2K81-
31130-24 or equivalent) to connect local and
remote units.

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.
have a great day and a better tomorrow

Yes they are linking 7 buildings wan and lan as well as the nortel.

The Gateway extenders are probably going to be more expensive if you plan on linking 7 locations. For each location you'll need a 24 port extender and remote plus router at both ends. .
I've always used a Cisco router at both ends for LAN = RVP/IP
For the WAN you'll need a router and Adtran CSU/DSU = RVP/DIRECT
Also if you use the Gateways, your 0x16's will have to be installed at KSU location. You csn only extend the Station Ports via Gateways
Might just want to consider VOIP.....

Voice Connect Plus, Inc.
have a great day and a better tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back