Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fiber remote problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

UOFL

Technical User
Oct 20, 2005
US
We have just installed a new fiber remote IPE and the phones
are working just fine, the following errors run off about
every 15 min or so and the fiber I/O light flashes while
the errors run. The fiber has been tested and the NT1P63
cards have been replaced and it's all multi mode fiber.
Thanks for any input

FIR009 NET 88 P

FIR010 NET 88 P

FIR015 NET 88 P

FIR009 NET 88 P

FIR010 NET 88 P

FIR015 NET 88 P

FIR009 NET 88 P

FIR010 NET 88 P

FIR015 NET 88 P

FIR009 NET 88 P

FIR010 NET 88 P

FIR015 NET 88 P

Looks like a fiber network failure. You sure you don't have any single mode hardware in the mix?

make sure the patch cables that run from the faceplate to the rear of the cab are the same mode as your fiber backbone. you can order fiber single or multi, the only diff in the two are those patch cables.. 1st one i ever installed burned me on that..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Were positive it's all multi-mode.
The last remote we put in BellSouth said something about
adding an input loss when they installed it, we have looked
in the books and don't see anything about that.

check the fiber jumpers from the faceplate to the rear of the cab.. those burned me once.. you can order fiber remotes single or multi.. the only diff between the two is that jumper..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

We have also removed our Fiber patch cables that came with our fiber remotes, nothing but problems. As a rule we do not use them anymore. We go directly to the front of the card.

we turned off lights in switch room and inspected after many issues we couldnt resolve..patches were really shody.looked like breaks in fiber .all was fine after replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back