Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fiber Media Converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

cronrun

Vendor
Oct 31, 2002
US
I have 1 Option 11c Release 25.40 that I want to connect to a second cabinet using Fiber. It is about two miles away.I have NTTK01AA Single port 100BaseF daughter boards at each site. The problem is the the customer told me they have multi mode cable between these sites but it is single mode. I need a Muti mode to single mode converter. Has anyone done this. I want to connect the NTTK01AA multi mode connections to the media converter, send it over single mode fiber and reconnect it to the NTTK01AA at the other end.

Can you replace the daughter boards with 100BaseT boards, and then use new external 100BaseT/100BaseF converters?
It could work out cheaper, if its possible. NZTECH
( masbar - is your link correct?)

That URL seems to be down ..11001 Host was not found .

Would you happen to have another link or a suggestion for a media convertor?

BTW .. does anyone know if there are alternative cables to the A0632902/NTBK78AA to enable the connection of a media convertor (SC connection)??

In regards to the answer:
Can you replace the daughter boards with 100BaseT boards, and then use new external 100BaseT/100BaseF converters?
It could work out cheaper, if its possible. NZTECH

That's what I did.. It did work out less $$

The problem I have is that I have a spare expansion cab already lying around, and didn't want to go through the expense of purchasing extra equipment - apart from the media convertors.

Let me ask you about the 100baseT Cards .. are you talking about the NTDK83 ot NTDK99?? (if so, did you do this upgrade with the help of Nortel .ie. were Key codes required etc)

thanks in advance

I used the NTDK99 because I only have one remote. I retured the NTTK01 to Nortel and ordered the NTDK99. I used a sales bulletin to get the parts. 1332-G Dec 2000. I also have access to the Nortel Configurator to get my parts list. After the customer told me they have a 1-ghz Lan Network to that site I changed the cards. it was easier then converting Multi-mode to single.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back