Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fiber Card on Compact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tzwicki2

Vendor
Jan 19, 2009
US
I noticed that there is a small expansion blank cover to the right of the two 4 Port trunk cards in the Compact Plus cabinet can this be used for a fiber expansion card? If not what is it used for?

Well I got the card. Installed it and connected a NAM. Everything booted up on the CICS and when I gave the CICS a command to restart the NAM restarted as well but would not do it's beeping thing when it is on line and the features codes 981 and 983 are inactive.

Strange how it would reeboot.

Any suggestions? I thought that CICS came before CP. If so then what did CICS use for VM?

Got me hooked. In the nam to cics / what version of software was in the cics. If it booted up, it should see it and all the codes. Was also wondering if the cics had another voice mail hooked to it previously (a bench tester).

Just tring to figure out why I,ve never ran across one of these fiber card puppies and if it works , what to give it a go just for the fun of it.

Tzwicki2: Would you mind trying a station module and a trunk module to see if it will populate those?

NCSS NCTS NCTE

Looked at the card it has a picture of a clock on it so I assume that this is a Clocking card.

I guess a NAM and a DS 30 fiber to copper converter could be used on a CICS Compact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back