Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fiber Card on Compact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tzwicki2

Vendor
Jan 19, 2009
US
I noticed that there is a small expansion blank cover to the right of the two 4 Port trunk cards in the Compact Plus cabinet can this be used for a fiber expansion card? If not what is it used for?

Not Fiber expansion, but is made for an 8 port Digital Station expansion card for a total of up to 24 stations.

MarvO said it

That slot is for an extra 8 circuit station card ONLY!

Phonehed in Dallas

just as a extra note the slot can also be filled with a station / clocking card for bri trunk cards

All Things Are Possible With Time And Lots And Lots of Money

mike

Heh heh...been so long since I've seen one of those I forgot they even existed!

Phonehed in Dallas

yup some of the hicks up here in Canada still us bri

pri and t1 are still a lot $ more than having 24 pots lines

mike

A few months ago one of our suppliers sent us a CICS fiber card instead of a 8-port expansion by accident. It has only one fiber port on the front of the card. I didn't have time to do any testing with it, but I'm guessing it was used to add a fiber NAM to the CICS.

Brian Cox

I can believe it. I always look at the programming and see that there are a lot more trunks available than are allowed for in hardware.

----------------------------
Hill?? What hill??
I didn't see any $%@#(*$ Hill!!
----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Well, I certainly stand corrected.
Sorry for the bum information. Thought I knew it all. He He

MarvO said it

the extra line number were for the bri and future pri use on the cics

as for the use of the fiber card ....
your guess is as good as mine

my 2 cent thought is for nam connection
my reasoning for this is the cics came out before the callpilot and when they were stopping the flash so for a short time all they had was the nam and as we all know the ds30 module kind of blew chunks

my thought any hoot

anybody know where doc's can be found for the fiber interface on the cics i can't find anything

i even looked at a dr1.0 thinking it might sneak in there somewhere

mike

I just found one that Ibought for 15.00 so I will try it out and let you all know.

Those estra line numbers on a CICS also sllow you to assign target lines so you can use them to Dial direct to a local using DISA.

I called Nortel presale and she couldn't tell me what the fiber card was used for, but they show it went EOL in 2006.

NCSS NCTS NCTE

Not too long ago. They must have been selling some to keep it in circulation so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back