Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

fiber cables for Option 11 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mindamartine

Technical User
Mar 25, 2006
US
We have a 3 cabinet Option 11 connected by fiber. All 3 cabinets are in different buildings in a campus like environment. Campus is being rebuilt and now cabinet A (main)and B will be in the same room.
Cabinet C will still go to another building.
I will need a diffent fiber connector than the one I have currently to now connect A and B since they will right next to each other, correct?

The fiber type corresponds to the type of daughter-board installed on the SSC card

"The NTDK22/NTDK84 Expansion Daughterboard is used when the expansion cabinet is within 10 m (33 ft.) of the main Option 11C cabinet. It connects to one A0618443 Fiber Optic plastic cable.

The NTDK24/NTDK85 Expansion Daughterboard is used when the expansion cabinet is up to 3 km (1.8 mi.) of the main cabinet. It connects to one glass multi-mode fiber optic cable which is dedicated to the Option 11C system."

NTDK79 uses a single-mode fiber optic cable

Technically you can use the long range daughter board in short range as well - I've used it in a lab environment. Never seen it in a production setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back