Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fetchmail flushing

Status
Not open for further replies.

sproosy

IS-IT--Management
Oct 31, 2002
AU
I have setup fetchmail under root to fecth all mail for 8 users and deliver them into each users mail box on our server. If i have fetchmail running in daemon mode can i log out and will it keep running? Also i have specified to FLUSH when reciving from the server but every time i fetchmail i get this:

fetchmail: reading message 4 of 4 (1828 octets) fetchmail: not flushed

Why isnt it flushing?

Cheeers!

Sproosy MCP

Keep it real!

Did you check the fetchmail configs or manfiles to see if the flush has a time value , and what said value is in your configs?

Yes I have read the man pages. I have the commands flush and keep in use. There is no time limit for flush from what i have read. What elese could it be?

Sproosy MCP

Keep it real!

Ok i got around my little problm described above by using udil in my .fecthmailrc file. This only works on on 1 user. I need it for all users is there a comand to specifiy a uidl file for all users?

Cheers!

Sproosy MCP

Keep it real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back