Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FEM capabilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

installerman

Vendor
Oct 13, 2010
CA
Hi All,

I'm new to the forums and new to installing FEM's. I have a BCM450 application that is going to require 8 ASM's and 2 station modules running off of the FEM. Any documentation I can find just says you can install 6 fiber modules.

My question is if I daisy chain my ASM's does that count as 1 module? Can I install 8 ASM's and 2 station mods on 1 FEM?

Thanks.

As such, if you're using a 0x32 FEM, then yes, "daisy chaining" one fiber port is supported.

Thanks for the link curlycord.

Have either of you actually done this? I'm only asking because an authorized Avaya/Nortel dealer is telling me you can't daisy chain ASM's at all on a FEM. I think he's wrong but have yet to find anyone who has actually done this.

Is there a way to move this thread to the proper forum or should I start a new one?

Well I found my answer in the BCM 450 Rel5 MBM Task based guide..

Just an FYI for others who might run into this, this is an excerpt-

"Note: ?Daisy chaining? of Norstar Analog Extension Modules (AEM) is not
supported on the BCM450, i.e. only one Norstar AEM can be connected to
each FEM fibre port."

Back to the drawing board...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back