Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

feedback on 5.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoneguy2286

Vendor
Sep 20, 2002
US
We are preparing to migrate to 5.2 on about 13,000 phones in the near future.

We are moving from a (relatively) stable load on 3.1.4.

Has anyone made the leap to 5.2? Any known issues? Feedback good or bad?

We're just looking for some indication of what to be aware of.

thanks in advance.

We went to 5.1 from 3.1.4, biggest gotcha for us was SSU cost and MAPDs had to be replaced with AES.

- Stinney

Quoting only proves you know how to cut and paste.

If you have a CMS, you'd want to make sure you update that as well.

Version 5.2 can have 99 steps in vectors, and the older version of CMS can't see the last 60 steps or so. You can still do the vectoring in the PBX, but if you make changes or manage them in CMS, you can't unless you update CMS.

Carpe dialem! (Seize the line!)

I upgraded in July from 4.0.3 to 5.2. I have had little issues, with one exception...We have a G700 w/8300 and we installed at the time of the upgrade a G450 w/8300 and we have had an issue with the remote gateways going to LSP mode and having the trunks work correctly. It takes a long time for the PRIs to come up and when the system goes to recovery mode, all trunks on the gateways go to an out of service condition and take a very long time to recover or not at all. If you issue a busy and release command on each of the TGs, then they recover, but it takes manual intervention to make this work. Avaya has just now finished a patch to fix the problem, and we are waiting for a maintenance window to install the "special" patch to fix the problem. We have been waiting since mid-July for the problem to be resolved. Also, you need to do a search in the forum for 5.2, I know there is another pretty big bug, I just can't remember what it is.

gblucas

We installed 5.2 on an LSP and the modem wouldn't work..also seem to remember some weird issues system wide. I just can't remember what they are, and it made me just a little bit uncomfortable.

We had to roll the LSP back to 5.1.something...

I have setup at least 8 or 10 new systems on CM 5.2, very few issues, however, some of the patches that have come out have "broken" the CMM (formely called "IA770") voicemail. also, there have been issues with G430's and S8300's, where the S8300 reboots.. they are working on this, however, most of you probably don't have installations where a main S8300C is installed in a G430 (we have many small clients).

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

web backend is not always working correctly.
took me a while to realize the new SIP part has dead links Hovering over the links will sometimes point to the right destination while the link does not click through. Entering the right URL manually will then get you to the right pages.

There's also been several posts that any programming using the ~p for pauses is not working in CM 5.2 with certain patches applied.

- Stinney

Quoting only proves you know how to cut and paste.

I'm in the same boat. Present running CM 3.1.4 with 6,000 stations and an ESS site headed to CM 5.2 in November.

Made the same upgrade also 3.1 to 5.2- If you decide to upgrade CMS to R15, we found a bug and Avaya had to write a patch for CM5.2. The bug was the PBX kept telling the clock to reset in the CMS box. The reports for Agents were wrong by many minutes, or it would show an employee in AUX mode and yet they were actually on a call. Took 6 weeks to identify the issue with resolution.

Just made same upgrade from Definity G3si CM 1.2 CMS R12 to S8515 CM 5.2 CMS R15. Golfnutx14 what was the patch avaya made? I have been chasing similar problems since 11/07/09. In CMS agents are showing they are in after call sometimes up to 1:20 when hunt-gr forcing no more than 45 seconds. Agent Aux Interval report for numerous agents showing 32:40 staffed time for 30 minute hourly interval. I have also been experiencing latency between port networks. Agents have complained that is takes numerous times to change aux-codes, Log-out, etc. As of right now running off of front network ports on both IPSI's and has been stable for week. However, CMS issues described earlier are still occuring.

If your using CM embedded messaging, you had better upgrade 5.2.1 like yesterday. Alot of bugs in 5.2.0 with CMM.

In January we are going from CM2.2 to CM5.2 and moving from S8700s to S8730s with one remote G700 that is moving to a 8300C lsp . We have a mix of 4600 and 6400 series telephones.

Anyone know what the Avaya recommended firmware should be for the control cards and the 4600 phones.

On line I found that the IPSI firmware should be version 46 or better to support CM(we have 2 TN2312AP HW002 FW038) and that the phones should be at R2.9 SP1 if you use Processor Ethernet on duplicated servers.

there's a pretty good document regarding compatability

CM_SW_FW_Compatibility_Matrix

I'm sure you have seen it, although it is a bit hard to find on AVAYA's web site for some reason (might be user error on my end)

Our standard is to stay back 2 revisions on firmware unless there is a known issue. That has served us fairly well.

As of 12/21/09 updated to 5.2.1 CM corrected all latency problems and in CMS15 fixed incorrect statistical information. We are running S8510 with two port networks with second site with ESS, duplicated modular messaging, and CMS high survivability. One more week running on new CM code moving network cables on IPSI's back to backplane connectors of G650 cabinets. Before upgrade had Tier 3 puzzled. Tnass we are using numerous 6400,4600, and 9600 sets and no problems. We are using TN2312BPHV33 running on FW047, we tried to go to FW049 and were recieving false positives what card was showing. Went to roll back firmware and could not on two cards ended up driving to warehouse of maintenance vendor got two new cards and pulled all nighter, would not recomend yet....anyone else have similar problem? Also heads up for anyone else, after 5.2.1 upgrade could not clear alarms for TN799DP HV1 clan on second port-network. Card lost MAC address and was alarming out on pos 17 of card. Ended up having to push firmware to this card again.

good to know about the IPSI's

we have a bunch of them... when we upgrade we push the N-2 firmware out to two boards and let it burn in for 2 weeks before pursuing full roll-out.

We had a similar issue with firmware 49 on Crossfires, the issue was apparently that they didn't play nice with some older TN2302's. We rolled back to 47, and removed the older TN2302 cards and all seems to be working well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back