Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJRBIM

MIS
May 30, 2003
CA
Wrote the CECP Exam (Level 1 - SACE200A) today.

Passing mark is 70%, and I FAILED with a 54%. So I got 27 questions right, out of 50...and that's after going back and reviewing all my answers before submitting them.

Like the CRCP exam - it's a computer-based exam with 50 random questions. They give you 85 minutes, but I was done in about 40. All the questions are text-based (you never touch or see and actual Cystal Enterprise CMC screen).

It's either multiple choice or "select all that apply" - and I found some of the questions on this exam even more strangely worded than on the CRCP exam.

Some sections that only had one choice - should have been "select all that apply" - in my opinion.

There were a number of questions like --

If we set-up our folders like XYZ, and wanted Group X to have these functions on Folder A, they should have..
VIEW
SCHEDULE
VIEW ON-DEMAND
FULL CONTROL.

I found the text of these questions badly phrased, and think I that I probably lost points on those - even though I ended up drawing out the folder structure to try to make sense of the text.

The questions were also specific to CE-10, and there were a number of questions about new object types - like programs, and how they function within CE that I wasn't well prepared for.

It guess I will take the "CE : Administering Users and Contents" course when I can schedule it, before taking this exam again.

Hopefully they use similar examples to the one's on the exams, so that I can learn the catch-phrases and examples that this exam seems to require.

If anyone else does the exams, please post your feedback.

I am going to take Exam 1 of 3 for the CECP this Friday. The discussion on this site has been extremely valuable in helping me prepare for the exam.

GusDarino

No probs GusDarino, Let us all know how you got on an post any material that was asked that we did not cover here.

Good Luck !

S.

Unfortunately I changed employers when I was due to do the CECP re-certification, which is just one exam. Now that I am with a different company, I have to do all three exams. Not only that, but they have handed out a dead-line of having to pass all three before Christmas otherwise my company gets no leads! Oh happy days. From the sound of all the comments posted here, these exams carry the traditional abiguous questions Crystal exams always have!

Thanks so much for all your hints and tips though guys, it's invaluable! Now here's to hoping I get enough time off from working with CE in the real world to actually do the exams![sadeyes]

Mel.

MajorMel,

Get in touch with me directly (leave me your email and Ill send you mine) if yon need ANY help with the CECP Exams. I have sat and passed first 2.

For exam One go to They have a paper for CRCP Exam 1 - but some of the stuff over laps.

S.

I took the first exam this past Friday and passed it. I scored 78 (70 needed to pass). What everyone said here was right on the money. Know security users / groups / effective rights very well. Lots of scenario questions regarding group rights, etc. I will take the Level 2 exam sometime next week.

I understand that the CECP Exam 1 covers 60% on the SA200 "CE10: Administering Users and Content" and the other 40% is on CR, is this 40% taken from the online RD200e course or does it include material from RD201e as well??

I dont know about the codes you use in your post KLH2 but the course is probably split :

60% Crystal Enterprise
40% Crystal Reports

If you are looking for a decent study prep for the 40% Crystal Reports Part go to and buy the examples (RDCR200).

For the 60% Crystal Enterprise use the topics exaplined here and know the book "CE10: Administering Users and Content" cover to cover ESPECIALLY Rights !

Any more questions let us know !

Hi Stephen,

I am planning to take exam 1 of CECP with CR as elective. Do you have material that you could share or any other tips.? Do u have courses from examhint.com?

Please help me.

klh2:

The exam did not include anything that was not covered in the SA200 instructor lead course and the RD200e course. What I did not know in the exam was because I did not study it enough. I can't say that I had any surprises.

GusDarino

GoodPrg,

I am sorry but I do not have the material from Exam hints any longer (Windows XP crashed and I lost it). It is a very fast service - The material (in PDF) and password are emailed to you within 72 hours of purchasing.

The material as I mentioned addresses the 40% Crystal Reports questions, but I would not say it is essential reading. If you cannot purchase the examhints material, then I suggest you go through the Business Objects material on this AND the Help file you get with the Crystal Reports Install.

Honestly, the exam should not be too difficult if you cover all of the topics mentioned here.

I CANNOT STRESS HOW IMPORTANT THE "RIGHTS" PART OF THE CRYSTAL ENTERPRISE PART IS.

Any particualr questions I can help you with, please ask.

Stephen.

I finally had time to go do the first exam, and thanks to all the hints on here, I passed.

One thing to mention for those who are about to do the first exam... also know about delegating administration. I got a few questions on that.

Here's to getting on with Exam 2!!

Cheers everyone (c:

Mel.

I gave the CECP exam 1 on saturday and I failed. I got 69% and passing was 70%.

As said in this forum, the wording of the question are bad.

I am so depresseed that I will failed with 1%, maybe I will give the exam again after 1 week and see. Hopefully I will pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back