Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fedora boot diskette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumby1963

Technical User
Jun 9, 2003
US
I'm rather new to Linux and trying to learn. I have downloaded the 4 CDs but the dual processor system I am trying to install on dose not support booting from CD. Is there a boot diskette out there for this or am I just not looking in the right places on the redhat site? Thanks for any help to a Linux Newbe.

I suspect a dual processor machine would have boot-from-CD capability in the BIOS settings. You may simply need to change the boot order of the devices.

D.E.R. Management - IT Project Management Consulting

The floppy boot image is available on disk 1 of the RedHat install disks. If you put the CD in your Windows machine, you should find instructions on how to use rawrite.exe and the boot images to build boot floppies for your system.

Take a look at this:

pansophic

You didn't mention what distro you got. FC does't seem to support boot floppys anymore. The option you have with FC is flash boot or Boot CD.

--== Anything can go wrong. It's just a matter of how far wrong it will go till people think its right. ==--

Well, The system was an very old 300m dual proc Unisys server. it dose not support cd boot and dose no have the usb hardware. I will have to find another system to try and learn the os. Thanks for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back