Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

fed up with cd-rw drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I bought a Panasonic 7585 cd-rw in 2000. I have never
been successful in mixing any of my songs from my
various audio cds. Can anybody give me some suggestion
what should I use. I use easy CD creator from Adaptec and
an extra cd-rom NEC 24x. I cannot even burn anything
with the cd-rw function. I tried using a 4x rw-cd but without
success. Can anyone help me out please.

I have been using a Hewlett Packard CD-Writer Plus, I am not sure the exact model number, and I have never had any problems with it. I use CD Creator from Adaptec and have successfully mixed many CD's from various audio discs. I do know that if I just use CDr's to burn to, they will play in any Cd player, I have noticed that some CD-RW's will not play in my truck or in my stereo.

We have the same panasonic CD-RW drive in our PC. I've never had success with Easy CD Creator, I've wasted many a CD-R's trying... I have had great success, however, using Musicmatch Jukebox. I actually created the CD's for my wedding reception using it AND copies for all the guests... no one has complained that they could not play them:

I use the Adaptec/Roxio package as well..version 5.02c.
I am not sure if it is earlier versions, but this package includes a program called "SoundStream" which I use to RIP audio tracks off CD's and either dump them as MP3 to my hard drive or copy to CD...haven't had any problems there.

However, I always burn audio to CD-R...as cheap as media is today I don't have the need to rewrite my audio CD's.

Does your problem occur with CD-R's as well or only CD-RW media? What errors if any are encountered when attempting the burn?
Doug
dxd_2000@yahoo.com

CDRW disks can't be read in most standard CD players. Only some CD players that were made in the last 2-3 years have this ability to read CDRW disks. If they come with this ability, you'd know from the product packaging. Unless you own one or plan on just reading it in a computer, burn to CDR disks instead.

Try upgrading your software to either Roxio 5 or Nero 5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back