Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Features/Changes from IP Office 6.1 to 8.1 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjuser

IS-IT--Management
Feb 20, 2013
US
We are in the process of possibly upgrading from a IP412 unit to an IP500 unit which includes the upgrade from IP Office 6.1 to IP office 8.1.

My supervisor wants to know all the benefits of going to 8.1. I have read whitepapers, etc. But what we really want to know is what Avaya administrators think of 8.1.

In your opinion, what is better with 8.1?

Thanks!

in the tech bulletins announcing the new releases there is usually a "What's new" section and if you go over the 7.0 ; 8.0 and 8.1 announcements then you will be able to piece it together.

Licensing is different and of course all users can do twinning without licenses, also you have some license free remote workers. Just as the main things that are right now coming to mind

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

Give a tech a solution and he will be back tomorrow to ask you the next question, teach a tech how to read the manual and he will be able to solve the problems for a life time.

Thanks guys, I recently took over this position and they installed this system 6 years ago. They don't have a maintenance contract and so I don't have an SSO login to view license information/tech bulletins. Everything I have been reading is simply what I can pull from Google.

Thanks for the link to that PDF. I haven't seen that one.

I'm hoping we end up doing the upgrade because than I can get a legitimate Customer Number and get access to the support site. Right now as far as firmware goes I have access to almost nothing.

Between that new PDF and *out of warranty* I should have a winning case.

Thanks guys!

if you want to give me your email address then I can email you the tech bulletins but don't post them in clear text or you get a lot of spam along with it.
post it like abc AT wherever DOT com or along these lines

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

Give a tech a solution and he will be back tomorrow to ask you the next question, teach a tech how to read the manual and he will be able to solve the problems for a life time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back