Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Feature soft button doesn't display any features when pressed + other weird 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 14, 2002
US
Basic mode
11.0.4.2.0 build 58 and also 11.0.4.1.0 build 11
1416 telephones
2 combo cards

I can not remember the last time I set up a system in basic mode and now I am recalling why, for basic they're kind of a hassle. I hope I am missing something simple.
I have tried 2 different SD cards each with a different version of 11, 2 different control units each with their own combo cards and I have the same issue no matter how I mix and match so it has to be some basic configuration thing I'm missing or some problem with r11.0.4.x, right? Help.
I put in a SD card with 11.0.0.2.0 in one of the control units and everything worked fine. That SD card is my emergency back up and it has essential with a bunch of other licensing so I do not want to use that for this small install.

I have 2 issues so far:

1. When you press the Feature soft button there are no features displayed. Only a 'F' in the upper left corner of the display and 'Back' above the far right soft button.

2. When calling any extension the call goes immediately to thier voice mail box. I checked extension status and it is not in DND or forwarded. I also put on a DND button and turned it on/off and this has no effect.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Additional info.
I tried a 9508 phone and it has the same problem with the Feature button as the 1416s

I recreated the SD card down to 11.0.0.2.0 build 23 which is the same version of my other SD card that worked with no problems but it had had essential edition and I'm trying to get basic working.

The recreated SD has the same problems.

I still don't know why people deploy Basic - heck, even my system at home is Preferred :)

Not sure about your first point, but with either of those does anything come up in the monitor application? It should at least show why the call is being routed to voicemail.

F Feature is not the same as IP Office Ess
Press Feature and then enter the feature code eg 11 to forward a user to another user

EG F 11 Forward:102(your extn No) then enter the number you want to forward to.

so press Feature
F enter 11
Forward:102
enter the extn to forward to
Forward:102 104

so now user 102 is forwarded to 104

Status on phone will show you the forward number and to un forward it.

2;
voicemail.. check VMS cover should be 6 for normal answer time
if set to 0 then call will just go to voice mail.

see if the have a VMS cover button on there phoneto send it to voicemail

use web Manager to access it via firefox or IE 11

Solved
I guess it was a long day when I was sorking on it :)

The Feature problem isn't a problem that's just how it works. In basic mode it's looking for the user to input a code after pushing the Fearure button. It uses

The calls going directly to voicemail it was doing exactly what it was configured to do. The default out of the box was VMS Cover Rings 0. I should have checked that but I've never seen that set as 0by default.

As far as why deploy Basic. This is in a home that had a Partner system and basic fit their needs. It didn't see the advantage of them spending the extra $$ for essential when they truly need a basic setup.

snowman50 thank you.
Your answers were spot-on.
Your answer must have snuck in as I was typing my last post

no problem..at least we were on the same Page...thought Process....LOL[2thumbsup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back