Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Feature Key:none

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmyjoe1975

Technical User
Feb 19, 2008
NO
Hi,
I have an Ip Office Select R9.1 and as an expansion server an IPO500V2.
I an asking to a BP for the upgrade license to R10, but they are saying that the Server Edition has the right Feature Key and lincenses, but the IPO500V2 hast the Feature Key to none, so they can't provide it.
All that info is coming from the migration.zip file exported in Manager /tools/ Migration Licenses.
The IPO500v2 has the SD card inserted at the back of the hardware but the Manager /system of the expansion system (IPO500V2)doesn't show the Dongle Serial Number field and the System Identification field is to none. I believe that is normal because according to the documentation Dongle Serial Number is only displayed for IPO550V2 systems (I assume stand alone) and the System Identification field is only displayed for Linux based systems, so it is show in Manager only for the main server but not for the IPO500V2 expansion system. Is that right?
The IPO500V2 Expansión System only has one license in the tree: Virtual Server Edition License, and it is Valid so somehow it is validating it against the Feature Key I assume.
Has anyone knows how to recover the Feature Key in the IPO500V2?
Many thank

I would suggest you find a better BP

as i understand it licences are stored on the SE not the IPO so the feature key for the IPO should not be needed
even if it is the BP should be helping you identify this information

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Always funny that the enduser (Kimmyjoe1975) knows more of the system already then the BP..

The licenses are stored on the main server (weblm service).

In the IPO500V2 > license > remote server you need to add the ip address of the main server running the weblm service.

I appreciate your answers.
Okkie26, but in this case there is no WebLM active, all of them are nodal licenses (ADI). All are instaled in Manager / Licenses of the Server Edition except the Virtual Server Edition License which is in Manager / Licenses of the IPO500V2.
Maybe the Feature Key of the IPO is not needed to get it the license, but apparently is needed in the PLDS portal to get the quotation of the R10 upgrade, at least is what the BP told me. So apart from seeing it at the back of the IPO is there a place to see it in the Manager app or to validate it is inserted and running?
Regards

Try going to the SSA of the 500V2 and then to resources/licenses this might show you the license host that was used for the server license.
Mike

I thought it was ADI licenses but in SSA appears as NODAL PLDS. In SSA only are the License Keys which in this case are the name of each feature/license, but is not showing the Feature Key.
I am reading the Manager and the Server Edition deployment documentation, but still no luck, apparently I have everything as should be but there is no reference to visualize the Feature Key which is mandatory to have inserted (as it is).
I am a bit confused with this issue.

When I log into the 500V2 atteached to a server edition it shows the PLDS host ID associated with the SD card and the licenses loaded to the SD card. The licenses that load are site specific meaning the server license to connect the systems and the PRI licenses in the 500V2. You should only need the PLDS host ID to get new licenses.
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back