Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Feature Codes for Modular ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

nriacone

IS-IT--Management
Aug 22, 2003
US
I am attempting to modify the auto attendant (AA) on a Norstar Plus Modular ICS system. I am told internally that I have all of the corresponding manuals and assorted documentation for the system. There is a very basic AA on the system at the present time and on reviewing the setup I am unable to determine the meaning of the feature codes that are set up for the existing AA. Can anyone please let me know where to find the information in the manuals? I have examined the manuals and can not find any listing. If it is not in a manual, how would I go about obtaining the information?

first question is what system and software do you have, sounds like a CICS but we need to be sure. check out faq799-2156 for how to determine your system and software release.

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Sorry for the lack of info on my initial post. The string obtained from the switch was: SP: 30meF02 NAT. From the FAQ this corresponds to a MICS 3.0.

well you probably have a Norstar Voice Mail (size of a PC but hanging on wall) but you may have the Startalk Flash VM (size of a laptop also hangs on wall).

in either case you need to go to the voicemail setup and Operations guide(book) and there is a chapter for Auto Attendent. also you should have a voicemail CD that has all of the docs on it for the VM.

You will be programming this under Feature 9 8 3 with a password (normally) of 120000, 1020000 or 10020000 depending on how many digits your station DN's are. 120000 for 2 digit dn's etc.

JerryReeve
com-sys.com

You are correct, we do have Norstar Voice Mail. My issue is related to the confirmation of the settings on the attendants 7324 phone. When I check the programming on button 13 of the phone it displays: "B13 Call Fwd..." I am trying to verify what number it is forwarded to. I am also trying to determine meaning of the various feature codes listed when "LIST" is pressed in the view mentioned above. I am viewing the programming from a 7310 set, but it is my understanding that it should not make any difference.

I am accessing the programming area by using the Feature **xxxxxx and xxxxxx again.

I think the confusion from my side is that the "Feature" button on the set is different than the "Feature Codes" in the programming.

Sorry for the lengthy response, I just started working with this system last Wednesday and I am still finding my way through the maze of manuals.

Ah I see some of the confusion the old button does not do what is says it does

>>&quot;&quot;B13 Call Fwd...&quot; I am trying to verify what number it is forwarded to&quot;&quot;<<

Ok from what you said it seems you want to know where to forward you calls to press F(Feature)985 it will show you the first port of your voice mail

Next your looking in the wrong book common mistake (There are so many books) your looking at the system programing guide if its telling you to use F**266344 you need the Vmail guide if you want to change the AA (Auto Attendant) menu. Find this book in your pile &quot;Norstar Voice Mail Setup and Operation Guide&quot;

That said you need to use the method above to enter Voice Mail F983 120000,102000,10020000 and at this point I don't know what to tell you because I don't know what it is your trying to change If you need exact help let us know. Good luck

Also FYI the norstar voicemail uses feature 9 8 4 as &quot;forward to voicemail&quot; without having to dial in the voicemail extension, I thought that vm rel 3 had this feature but the quickest way to find out is to just go ahead and dial feature 9 8 4 and see if it forwards to vm.

this could be an easier forward for you to use than feature 4 then DN number.

also if you look at the FAQ's for this forum you will find a list of feature codes along with some other helpful info.

JerryReeve
com-sys.com

Jerry and WhiteStarMI,

Thanks for the info on the navigation and various features. I guess I hosed the &quot;Night&quot; button when I tried to assign &quot;forward&quot; to another button and the system responded with &quot;feature moved&quot; or something similar. I have reset the &quot;Night&quot; (B13 in my previous post) button using Feature 871, although it is not the same as the system was originally programmed it will serve our purpose for now.

I have now moved on to other areas so I can create other problems. I am now trying to set up a new CCR tree with limited success. I will enter my question as a new post with the details.

Thanks again,

Nick Iaconetti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back