Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Feature Code 990 in MICS 2.0 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOSEGONET

Vendor
Jun 29, 2003
US
I have a customer with a MICS 2.0 and a third party voicemail (Call Express). They are using digital station ports for access to the Call Express. To transfer a caller directly to voicemail they use FEATURE 990. Once this code is entered the display shows [ENTER MB] and the display keys read [RETRY QUIT]. Is this is some propritary software added to the MICS? I am adding a T1 and PRI. I will need to upgrade the software. How can this(or CAN this) be done and keep the existing Feature 990 intact? The customer has no clue and there are no records of how this was accomplished. Also, I have checked all the standard feature codes for voicemail (including F986 and these all show Inactive Feature)

John Losego
LOSEGO.NET

I think that you have a norstar Voice Mail Interface (VMI) that interfaces aftermarket equipment to the norstar. I think the feature codes are selectable (not locked to a particular code). look around and see if you see a VMI box or two on the lines that go to the voicemail system.

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

There are no external VMI units, but there is an unknown card in the PC that is the Call Express that the digital ports go into first then out to the dialogic card. Also this unknown card has an RS232 connection to the serial port of the PC. My thought is that perhaps that card is the VMI unit stripping out the data from the digital port and sending it to the VM via the COM1 port. Does that make sense? If this is the case, would an upgrade to 6.1 still acknowlege the VMI?

John Losego
LOSEGO.NET

I know that some manufacturers have made cards that emulate the digital telephones (for moicemail) and I think that you may want to contact call express tech support and see if they can give you a hand. as others on the forum have stated "there comes a time to contact a vendor/tech" and if you don't even have the docs on the card in the CE then you may have reached that time.

----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Thanks for all your help. The customer 'found' some documentation from AVT regarding this Nortel integration for the Call Express and forwarded it to me. It's in PDF and completely explains all - you can check out the file here - Nortel Norstar NTDIU Digital Set Integration

John Losego
LOSEGO.NET

The unknown card is an NTDIU card that simulates 4- 7324 sets.
The feature 990 is a locked function that comes from that card.
If you are upgrading the Phone system you may have to replace the NTDIU boards. The newer phone systems and older NTDIU boards have static when talking to voicemail.
Also if you are adding a T1 or PRI you may have to update the
EPROMs on the NTDIU boards to vers 1.28.
Newer Callxpress machines us a new digital dialogic ,D/82, board to
interface with Norstar or BCM systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back