Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Feature Button Help Needed Who Is The Master?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cduff

MIS
Jun 19, 2001
US
We have a problem with customers bypassing our inbound help desk queue with live agents and calling our off duty support people directly.

I was wondering if their was any way to setup a button on an extension that will allow our support people to cover the inbound caller when pressed and redirect them to our help desk queue.

If you know any tricks please let me know.

Coverage Path linkage if they give up their current SEND CALLS button functionality. Use a coverage path going to their normal destination (probably vmail) but change the Send Calls feild to NO. Add a new coverage path number in the NEXT PATH feild.

Make the new cover path go to the support VDN ONLY for SEND CALLS. Make all other fields on that cover path form NO.

This scenario will make all calls follow the normal coverage for the station while SEND CALLS is not pressed. When a user calls directly, the agent can tap the send-calls on and off to push that call to the VDN or hunt group..

-CL

Where do you change the Send Calls feild to NO?

I have just completed upgrading ISPI,CLAN, and MEDPRO firmware on 17 port networks. I have 2 remaining that are functioning but when I enable filesystem I can't connect via ftp...I can ping them... anybody have any Ideas???

Thanks I figured it out. It works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back