Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Feature 986 Limitations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StaceyLaney

IS-IT--Management
May 3, 2007
US
I have a user that is the "Receptionist" and she uses the Feature 986 to transfer calls directly to mailboxes all the time, however, it does not work if her phone is ringing, or she has another call on hold. For example, she can transfer me if her phone is idle. However, if I'm on the phone with her, and another calls comes in, she tries to transfer me to voicemail and cannot. I can hear her dialing the code, it doesn't put me on hold and it does nothing. Additionally, if she tries instead to put me on hold, answer the 2nd call and puts it on hold also, comes back to me and tries to transfer me using Feature 986 it still does nothing.

I'm thinking this is just a system limitation, but I'm also hoping that I'm wrong and there is a setting that needs to be changed.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks...

Also, if she's using a pre-programmed button, make sure that it's programmed correctly- that's an easy thing to overlook if you're troubleshooting over the phone.

Assuming it is f986, curlycord's probably right.

FYI - Adding an additional I/C key worked! Thanks!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back