Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Feature 982

Status
Not open for further replies.

totaletech

IS-IT--Management
Nov 11, 2002
CA
I am trying to program the phone system so that the user can push a single button to activate his night mode auto attendant.

Is there way to program in a sequence so that it activates the feature and enters the password.

Im looking for F982, pause then password with the push of one button.

No, but how about setting up a ringing service mode to activate it with 1 button.
See:
FAQ799-3717
This is an easy way to set it up with 1 button access.

MarvO said it

Can't do it that way, but what about programming Feature 982 on a button- and label the button with the password.

The user then presses the button and enters the password, which is conveniently located on the button.

This has helped me in the past.

I have to go with MARVO on this. Why wouldn't it work?
Gabriel

I cant even get Feature 982 to program to a button.
I hit Feature *3 then it asks me to select open button and then it asks me to enter the feature but it wont let me press any keys at all.

I agree, use night services to acomplish this. Then program a button to turn it on/off.

Good Luck!!

I think the only thing this solution would not do is change the auto attendant greeting. If that is what totaltech wants, then this is not the right answer. Do I have an alternative? I can't think of one but am interested if anyone comes up with one.

commsguy

What do you want to accomplish with this customer? What do they want to do?

Feature 982 is great if you do not want the calls to be answered by the AA at all during the day.

If you want the calls to be answered directly by the AA after let's say 5pm then the night service button is the best way and the easiest.

Let me know

The customer has no set business hours. Whenever someone is in the shop they want to answer the phone in person or have it go to auto attendant after 6 rings.

When they leave at night or for lunch or whenever, they want auto attendant to pick up right away. They want to be able to simply push a button and have that auto attendant enabled immediatly.

Answer:
Night Service Button on primary set.
Feature code is Feature 871. (a la one button).

But, first you need to program it one the system.
What is the system you are programming on?
CICS? MOD? 6x16?

Let me know

Then look again at the FAQ799-3717 that was posted for you several days ago. That will do exactly what you want, as long as your recorded greetings in the table say what you want them to say.

MarvO said it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back