Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

feature 871 on a BCM 400 v4.0 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

parm2013

Technical User
Sep 23, 2013
CA
Denied in admin

this is the reception set 221 on Port 401, with control sets all set to 221

I have been able to program the button on the reception phone (221] through button programming in the element manager
But it still says access denied when I try to use it

As I have said, all the lines and all the sets are programmed with 221 as the control set

Go into the service mode and make sure its set to Manual and not Off, see if that works.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Parm, why are you starting a new thread about the same issue? Also it seems as though your having trouble with setting this up properly, maybe think of contacting a Nortel technician in the future.

Charm City Communications

Nor star boy

Would love to hire somebody

Thought it too small a job to program a button

Have a bcm 200 that works fine with this feature on a reception set the receptionist programmed it.

I understood that we are not to post jobs here.

In the mean time all lines have 221 as control set. Yet 211 cannot use the F871

I think Norstarboy meant call a local tech, not post on tek-tips for one.

What is the outcome to my post above?
Also looking under active seys and/or lines will show the control set in one of the columns.

Is it a 4.0 and not patched? it had issues and required a reboot to take programming.
reboot it regardless to see if fixes maybe.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Curly

I am just working on making that manual

Curly

I cannot find anything in BEM that says service mode or any selection there that says set to manual (or similar sayings)

curly

Thx

I went into Scheluded services and clicked on everything there

dropdown screens double clicking routing srv and ringing srv it had a selection for manual.

Thx for the directions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back