Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FDP 2.6a win98/2000 REPORT FORM PROBLEMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxtech

Programmer
May 26, 2001
CA
hi everyone,

I would like to create a text file then fax it with winfax. The text file is generated with report form report to file files.txt

I opened the files.txt file with notepad and see that the headers sometimes didn't print properly on the next line.
So why in Winfax when I attached the files.txt and send to the other end (fax machine) the report didn't print correctly as I printed directly to the printer.

I had no control on the commande Report Form xxx to file yyy.

Does anyone knows that I have to do something special before issuing the commande report form xxx to file yyy?

thanks in advance...

Do you use REPORT ... TO FILE ASCII ?

What do you mean by "the headers sometimes didn't print properly on the next line"?

Maybe you should take a look at _ASCIICOLS and _ASCIIROWS system variables.

Also, if you use just REPORT ... TO FILE, the current printer driver is used. If your recipient has a different one, the report might look somewhat different.

hi stella740pl,

Sorry that I can't explaine clearly my problems.

I meaned on some pages in the text file the first line of report's header printed on the same line of the previous line.

As you suggess I will try with file ASCII

thanks again.

FoxTech and Stella,
I don't believe the ... FILE ASCII option was introduced until VFP 3.0. To get this in FPD/FPW, you need to set the current printer to the Generic / Text Only Printer driver, then the file will be in ASCII format with no "control" characters (other than CRLF, TAB and FormFeed).

Rick

Hi Rick,

You are right, I tested with file ASCII but it didn't work with FPD 2.6a . No text files generated at all.

Do you know any other solutions? please help

thanks guys

Heve you tried setting the current printer to the Generic / Text Only Printer driver and using the TO FILE option?

Rick

Hi Rick,

Yes I tried with generic / text only printer drvier but I still have Data mixed-up in the *.txt file.

I want to sent you a txt file can I have your email address.

thanks a lot for your help!

Rick, you are right, my memory is a little rusty, I don't remember what was introduced when and don't have old versions installed anymore to check. I found an old manual, though - you are right, of course. Sorry for the mix-up.

FoxTech,
Can you explain what you mean by "Data mixed-up..."? How about just posting a section of the text file that's bad, and then show what you expect. By using a [ code ] <your data here> [ \code ] block (you'll want to delete the spaces before and after the word code), it'll show it just like it is in the file.

Rick

Are you using REPORT FORM ......... HEADING 'My heading '?
Are there control codes in the header?

Hi Cricket,

No I used Report form .... to file then in the text file generated on some pages the first line of PgHeader section didn't print on the next line.

I cheked then see no use of control code at all.

Why on some pages the line didn't print corectly?

please advise , thanks a lot guys.

ex:

Detail section:

SAINT-PIE STPA 7101 1817 18/01/1971 0 1.80

this line below mixed-up with the previous line
*RAP07* Machandise Report

If this line will print on the next line so my report should be OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back