Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FCR, NCOS, TLD and CTD, UNR

Status
Not open for further replies.

NTI620

Vendor
Oct 20, 2003
US
Option 61 in Europe that has sets that are TLD with an NCOS of 0, which points to an FCR table. Also within this PBX are sets that are UNR or CTD also with an NCOS of 0, FRL's match NCOS's. All RLI's have a FRL of 0

I have checked the NTP's and they gloss right over this programming.

My question: is it possible to route calls out based on having both BARS and FCR restrictions, and the determining factor is whether or not the set has TLD or CTD or UNR, or is one of these programs in control over the other?

At this point, can you be sure that BARS is being used? Are they just dialing a trunk route access code. If not, then the LD86 RLBs are a key factor

~

Ooops, you convered RLB

CTD and UNR are identicle in BARS TLD blocks 1&0 as a leading digit, and the place to see it is in book 1 of 3 Features & Services Description, under Access Restrictions

~

not that i have seen used. if you dial the acod instead of an ac code.. then fcr works, before bars that is all we had. local trunks were acod 9, long distance trunks were acod 8, we didn't allow 1 or 0 as the 1st digit in the fcr tables after 9, and allowed only 1 and 0 as the 1st digit after acod 8,, everthing was set up in 49, you could tgar/targ match sets off of ld and frl them off of both..

not all switches were that simple of course, but when you dial an access code, we only use one now in almost all switches, ac1 9, it takes you to 90, then you dial an npa or nxx match, that sends you to ld 86 rlb, the frl allows or blocks the call based on your ncos.. i don't seldom use frl, ctd or tgar, and can't see a reason i would need them. i do use tgar/targ to keep guest off of overhead page, that is a direct acod... and i did have to set up frl to allow the zone's.. just built 0 as an allow table with no denies.

with everthing nortel ever built, there is dozens of ways to do the same thing and they NEVER give us a clue as to a right or wronge way to set up bars.. in the classes i've been through, the instructor went through a dozen ways to build some toll plans no one would ever use.. it was a decent class but did not shed light on a single way to build a toll plan

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

LD 27 is used for something else now, I have no idea as to when Nortel changed it, but I don't know of another Load which supports the feature set that LD 27 had.

ARS.jpg

~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back