Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FC5500

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmphoenix

Technical User
Aug 26, 2005
US
I currently have (5) FC5500 DAE-r that were running on irix 6.5. I do not have an Irix box. Is there any way to clear the LUN and run these on a Windows machine? I have hooked them up Windows 2000 using an LSI FC909 card and the card does see them but Windows will not recognize them any ideas?

FC5500 DAE.. I assume that means none of the boxes have storage processors in them.
If they came off of an fc5600 dpe, then the disks are all 520 sector formatted.
The Clariions generally use either qlogic or emulex controllers. Maybe someone else here has used an LSI to run the box.

not real sure. I do belive they have Thor contollers, the drives are 9.8gb seagate if that helps.

Thor is the code name for the FC5400. That means you have a DPE with possibly some attached DAE's. The units I have run with Emulex LP6000 or LP8000 controllers. I have the fc5400 with one attached DAE for a total of 20 disks.

The way to clear luns is to unbind them with Navisphere Software Management tools or through the Clariion fcli.

Not much luck finding Navisphere, I have no idea how to get into the Clariion fcli any suggestions?

I was able to get both links to work. and I will say that is a wealth of information thank you hopefully I can do something with this.

Okay I was able to Hyperterm into the fcli and unbind the drives, but windows will still not see the array, I did notice that the LSI has a configuration program and the option to format the disk. yet when I attempt to format the drives from the lsi program I get an Format Failed error, any suggestions?

You need to bind the drives with navi or fcli.
You can use the bind all command which will bind all disks as individual disks (no raid).

okay I have gotten into the fcli and I can unbind and bind 3 of the DAE's but it looks like the remaining drives are on the other SP I show SP-A and SP-B but I have no control over SP-B spstat comand shows all drive's is there any way to switch back and forth?

Thanks for all the help

You have to move the serial cable to the other sp to control the drives owned by that sp. The drives are owned by the sp on which they are bound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back