Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FC4700 SP Part Number ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ES7000

Technical User
Mar 7, 2004
DE
I have one EMC2 FC4700 whit two SP, the one SP have Part Number 005348429 and the other SP have Part Number 005348430, both SP have 1 GB HBA. is possible that this work in the same FC4700 properly ? Can anyone help please ? thanks.

I think it is just a speed difference. They can both run the same code. 005348430 is a 2gb ....005348429 is a 1gb. Since you're only running at 1gb, it may work but, I'd recommend running the same part number boards just to be on the safe side anyway. When you start mixing things between fc4700 and fc4700 II, you have to assume some risk because it is not spec'd to run that way.

maultier, thanks for the Info. the part Number of the Board is ...429 and ...430 but the both Board have the identically 1 GB HBA ??? i am a little confused :-(
whay have the one SP 430 whit 1 GB HBA if is this 2 GB ?

Ah.. ok.. I understand the question.
The 005 preface indicates that the part is an assembly.
When a customer orders a 2gb machine, the boys in the assembly area know that they need a 005348430 to configure it. That part would include the 2gb hba, memory, software, and code needed for that particular box. Ordering a 1gb would get likely be an identical board except for the 1gb hba. If you look on the SP itself, you're likely to find a different part number that just applies to that subassy. In the old days, that number started with 118.. EMC may be using their numbering scheme now. I suspect that the subassy part numbers on the sp's will be the same.

Maultier, thank you very much.

Understand correct i can use this both Board in the same FC4700 ?

Also ist the both Board / Software / etc...identical only the HBA is other ? And thanks again for you help, very friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back