Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FC4700 - Commit of Base failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybercray

Technical User
May 24, 2006
I have a FC4700 that i have initialized. The creation of the PSM was successfull. SPA and SPB sees each other. Global Security is configured, and the domain is created with SPA and SPB as members.
All 10 drives are inserted. The PSM is created as RAID1 on disk 8 and 9.

I have tried several times to commit the Base package, but always get the following error message:
Commit of Base:SP A: An IOCTL failed (NOT a timeout) (0x71508010), SP B: An IOCTL failed (NOT a timeout) (0x71508010)

This is the message from the event log:
An internal error occurred and the software package could not be committed. Ensure that the PSM is available and retry the commit. Otherwise call service provider File: K10NDUAdminManage.cpp Line: 1873 Details: Commit failed Status: 0x71508010 7

But the PSM is there and works.

Can anybody give me advice how to reset the PSM or how i can commit the base package ?

thanks in advance for any help.

What is the syntax you used? What is the BASE rev you are trying to put on? What is the drive size and speed you used for the PSM? Do you want to reinitialize the PSM?

I have not used the CLI, but used Navisphere 5.3 and clicked Commit under Storage System Properties / Software.

BASE Rev is 08_51_70.

All drives are 73GB / 10K.

Yes, I want to reinitialize the PSM. I hope this will solve the commit problem. But i am not sure if the reinitialization will help. Maybe there is a better way to solve the commit problem ?

Navisphere 5.3 may be too old to work with that Base Rev. If you have the CLI and a serial dialup to the SP, First try to commit the Base with the "navicli -h 192.168.1.1 ndu -commit Base" command. If that does not do it, then try "navicli -h 192.168.1.1 initializearray -createpsm". If you do a "navicli -h 192.168.1.1 getall" It will list all Base Revs installed and if they need to be comitted or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back