Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FC4400 FCLI commands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

danliam

Technical User
Jul 10, 2002
GB
Hi,
I'm currently trying to configure a FC4400 array and have managed to get telnet access to the controller. But whilst at the FCLI prompt there only seems to be 5 commands available. Is this correct or am I missing somthing?
Can someone point me in the right direction as I have no access to EMC support.

Thanks in advance.

The FCLI is used to manage very basic machine admin functions. It is not used to configure the disks into a Raid configuration. For that you need a program called Navisphere Supervisor or Navisphere Manager with an Agent file that is used to communicate with the sp. There is also a Navisphere CLI program but, as the CLI piece of the tiltle implies, you would need to muddle thru the cli commands to configure the array. The utility is available free of charge to EMC contract customers.

I am having difficulty getting to the FCLI prompt
it appears to only recognize the break key
Is there a special string that must be input
or is there a timing constraint?

Thanks

I'm not sure I understand the question. But, if what you're talking about is the serial connection port via hyperterm... that is only 'alive' for the duration of power up testing. After that point, the clariion microcode takes over and you must interface it with Navisphere. FCLI will not be useful to you in setting the Clariion up at all. Navisphere is the tool to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back